If you’re a sweet & savory fan then this recipe is for you. While it may sound strange, this Fruit & Vegetable Curry will soon be a new household favorite. The best part is Helen Morris, an Executive Chef & Senior Lecturer at Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management walks you through how easy & quick it is to make! Plus, you can find all the ingredients in our Grocery Boxes, with next day delivery, so no need to hunt through the shops to find what you need. Watch Chef Helen in the video below and get cooking!
2 small or 1 large Banana
1Pepper (Yellow or Red)75gOnion
1Lime (Zest & Juice)
50g Madras Curry Powder
25g Wholemeal Flour
60ml Sunflower Oil
50g Desiccated Coconut
25g Tomato Puree
500ml Fruit Juice (Apple or Orange)
100g Crème Fraiche
- Remove skin and core from pineapple and dice into 2cm pieces.
Peel the apples, remove the core, and dice into 2cm pieces. Skin the banana and cut it into pieces.
- Place the fruit in a bowl, add the lime zest & juice. Leave to marinate.
- Remove the eye from the tomato. Cut the pepper in half and remove the stalk and seeds.
- Dice the pepper, tomato in large pieces & half the mushrooms
- Peel & finely dice the onion & ginger.
- Heat the oil and butter gently. Add the onion and ginger and cook slowly.
- Add the curry powder, flour and tomato puree and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers & fruit juice. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 6 minutes, add the marinated fruit for a further 4 – 6 minutes.
- Check the consistency, season with salt, and add the crème Fraiche.
Note: you can add coconut cream to this if you wish.
What recipe do you want to see cooked in our next episode? Let us know in the comments below!
Your dedicated food friend. Delivering you the UAE’s best food at a fraction of the cost. No minimums, tips, or delivery fees. Now also delivering groceries & meal kits!